Friday 11 January 2013

Next Meeting - Wed, January 16, and Hardy Ginger

The meeting will be at 7:30pm - and it will take place at my home, where we will decide on a new location for meetings going forward.

I'm not posting my address here - we live in Poplar Hill, just northwest of London, but please email me at readrobread at gmail.com, and I can give directions.

Looking forward to planning our year's activities and initiatives - so if you've been considering coming out to a meeting, I encourage you to.

Here's a surprise for the new year - ever considered growing your own ginger? Here's a hardy ginger that will grow in our area (Zone 5/6) - though it's the flowers that are eaten, not the root. It's widely used as an ornamental, so I'm hoping to find one around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zingiber_mioga



No comments:

Post a Comment